After enthralling audiences with her performance as a housewife in Gauri Shinde's critically acclaimed film 'English Vinglish',
Sridevi will now play the role of a mother in her next film titled 'Mom'. Directed by Ravi Udyawar and produced by Boney Kapoor, the film will see the actress play the titular role. Sridevi took to her social networking handle on Tuesday morning to share the mysterious yet stunning first look poster. She shared the poster with a caption that read, "When a woman is challenged... Here's presenting the first look of MOM."
The film's story line and the plot have been kept tightly under wraps. Actors Akshaye Khanna, Abhimanyu Singh, Pitobash Tripathi are part of the supporting cast while Nawazuddin Siddiqui will make a cameo appearance in the film.
'Mom' hit a number of roadblocks during its production. The makers were forced to call off a shoot when the ban on Pakistani artistes was imposed in the film industry. The film has two Pak actors Adnan Siddiqui and Sajal Ali playing pivotal roles of Sridevi's husband and daughter in the film.
'Mom' hits theatres on July 14, 2017.(The Times of India)
Latest from Dilani Nanayakkara
- President signs special gazette notification on declaring four forests near Wilpattu North Sanctuary as Conservation forests
- Information Department websites win BESTWEB.LK awards
- Three-match ODI commences at Dambulla today : Selections get curiouser and curiouser
- Govt. seeks Rs.288mn to buy vehicles for ministers
- SLFP lost its status after MS took over leadership: Basil