The incident took place at around 2 am at the Masai Pathar near Kolhapur, where the movie was being shot.
Police reached the spot early in the morning on March 15 with fire engines and the fire was brought under control. Reports suggest that a group of 30-50 people attacked the set with torches and petrol bombs, heavily damaging it.
The search to nab the culprits is on. The film, starring Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor, had run into controversy a while ago when the team was shooting in Rajasthan. Members of the Karni Sena from Rajasthan had attacked director Bhansali while shooting there, accusing him of portraying Queen Padmavati in bad light.(The times of India)
Latest from Dilani Nanayakkara
- President signs special gazette notification on declaring four forests near Wilpattu North Sanctuary as Conservation forests
- Information Department websites win BESTWEB.LK awards
- Three-match ODI commences at Dambulla today : Selections get curiouser and curiouser
- Govt. seeks Rs.288mn to buy vehicles for ministers
- SLFP lost its status after MS took over leadership: Basil