The government has decided to set up a new Secretariat to investigate financial crimes, informed sources said yesterday.
Sources close to the Prime Minister's office said a Bill to this effect will be presented to Parliament soon. The new Secretariat is expected to match with international standards.
This development comes in the wake of the Anti-corruption Secretariat becoming defunct from July this year. (Dily Mirror)
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Prabhas gears up for 'Saaho' after four and half years of his 'Baahubali' journey
- New FM asserts no chance of having foreign judges
- JVP leader asks why protest for summoning Shiranthi, Yoshitha
- NLB, DLB to be placed back under Finance and Mass Media Ministry
- New LG Draft Bill in Parliament on 24 August