Hollywood stuntman John Bernecker has passed away after falling 25 feet and landing on hard cement.
The fatal incident occurred Wednesday (July 12, 2017) when the 33-year-old was performing a stunt on the set of AMC’s The Walking Dead. While working with actor Austin Amelio on a scene that required him to fall from a balcony, John reportedly missed the safety cushion below the platform and fell onto hard concrete. He was rushed to Atlanta Medical Center, where he passed away a day later when his ventilator was turned off.
Assistant director Matthew Goodwin reportedly told the police John missed his mark “just by inches.”
According to Goodwin … John didn’t appear to get good separation from the balcony when he started falling, and even “attempted to abort the fall by grabbing onto the railing with both hands.” He told cops John’s momentum slammed him into the bottom of the balcony and then he released his hands and fell … landing on his head and neck … right next to the cushion. Celebuzz
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- How to Find Meaning in Life By Serving Others
- Scientists Remove Gene in Human Embryos to See What It Does
- Internet Firms Say Removing Extremist Content Within Hours Is Huge Challenge
- ‘Padmavati’ posters out: Deepika Padukone stuns as the royal 'Goddess Queen'
- RHOA Stars Turn on Castmate Over Fake Marriage Rumors