Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s controversial historical saga ‘Padmaavat’ created a storm at the box-office when it finally released after many hurdles on January 25, 2018.
According to a report on BoxOfficeIndia.com, the film earned Rs 4 crore in the sixth week of its theatrical run. With this the film has collected Rs 279.84 crore, making it the first blockbuster of 2018.
All eyes are now set on the Rs 300 crore mark as 'Padmaavat', earlier titled 'Padmavati', is doing very well in the Mumbai, West Bengal and South India circuits.
Several Bollywood celebrities had come out praising the film and even took to social media to laud the performances of the actors and to call the film a visual delight because of its impeccable sets and background, which is one of the high points of every Bhansali film.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- When Times Get Tough, Try This Mental Health Workout Plan
- Google to End Military Contract Following Employee Complaints
- Advances in Exoskeleton Technology Could Help Some Walk Again
- Kabir Khan shares a piece of history while on a recce for his next
- Hereditary: The 'scariest film for years' is coming