‘Vaishnavee’ (The Goddess), Sumithra Peries’ latest movie, based on a story by Dr.Lester James Peiris, shot in 2012 is speculated to be released in the CEL circuit un Aoril.
It follows the story of a puppet that has fantastically come to life. Yashoda Wimaladharma stars as the titular character. Thumindu Dodantenna, Vasanthi Chathurani, Jayalath Manorathne, Veena Jayakodi, Rohana Baddage, Mahendra Perera and Iranganie Serasinghe also stars in the movie.
‘Vaishnavee’ made Sumitra the first director ever to shoot with the latest Red Epic camera and this step has laid the foundation for the next Generation Digital Cinema for Sri Lanka. Camera by Donald Karunarathne and costumes by Surangani Wijewickrama. ‘Vaishnaavi’ is the last script by Tony Ranasinghe.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- When Times Get Tough, Try This Mental Health Workout Plan
- Google to End Military Contract Following Employee Complaints
- Advances in Exoskeleton Technology Could Help Some Walk Again
- Kabir Khan shares a piece of history while on a recce for his next
- Hereditary: The 'scariest film for years' is coming