‘Vaishnavee’ (The Goddess), Sumithra Peries’ latest movie, based on a story by Dr.Lester James Peiris, shot in 2012 is speculated to be released in the CEL circuit un Aoril.
It follows the story of a puppet that has fantastically come to life. Yashoda Wimaladharma stars as the titular character. Thumindu Dodantenna, Vasanthi Chathurani, Jayalath Manorathne, Veena Jayakodi, Rohana Baddage, Mahendra Perera and Iranganie Serasinghe also stars in the movie.
‘Vaishnavee’ made Sumitra the first director ever to shoot with the latest Red Epic camera and this step has laid the foundation for the next Generation Digital Cinema for Sri Lanka. Camera by Donald Karunarathne and costumes by Surangani Wijewickrama. ‘Vaishnaavi’ is the last script by Tony Ranasinghe.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- I’m not 48. I’m 25 with 23 years experience
- Facebook's Zuckerberg Comes Under Fire From UK, US Lawmakers
- Prehistoric Giant Shark Tooth Stolen in Australia
- 'Race 3': Salman Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez and the cast reach Abu Dhabi for next
- Tracy Beaker and four other children's book characters who grew up