Musical Show will be held today at the St. Anthony’s College Auditorium, Katugastota to mark the 100th birth anniversary of singer Kalashuri Mohideen Baig at 6. 00 p.m. The son of Mohideen Baig, Ishaq Mohideen Baig, will perform at the show.
Mohideen Baig was born in the Salem District of India on December 5, 1919. He sang Sinhala, Tamil, Islamic and Urdu songs. Baig sung duets with H.R.. Jothipala, Rani Perera, Latha Walpola, Sujatha Attanayake and Jamuna Rani among others. He has sung over 6,000 film songs.
Baig won the 1967 Sarasaviya Award for the Best Playback Singer for his singing in the film Allapu Gedera. Baig also won the Kalashoori Award in 1983 and 1987.
The songs, Buddhang Saranang, Maya, Adara Nadiya Gala, Pem Mal Mala, Thaniwai Upanne, and Loke Sihinayak Wageya brought him fame.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Health Care Was the Number One Issue in the Election: Here’s What That Means for Our Future Well-Being
- FCC Launches First US High-Band 5G Spectrum Auction
- Experts Target Missing Link in Contraception: Men
- 'Too short' Tom Cruise to be replaced for Jack Reacher reboot
- Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh tie the knot in Italy