A huge sub-sector within Sri Lanka’s crucial Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) that directly impacts national food supply and security is being positioned for exports. Encouraged by raging exports in this sector, Sri Lanka has begun work on the country’s first ever international standard food testing and safety centre that directly focuses even the village food producers in the country.
more than 40% of Sri Lanka's SMEs are in food processing sector. These efforts are a part of the country's bigger plan to link this sector to its exports” revealed the Minister of Industry and Commerce of Sri Lanka on 4 August in Colombo. Minister Bathiudeen was addressing the launch of the 16th edition of Pro Food Pro Pack Agribiz international expo at BMICH.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- 7 Brain Hacks That Will Dramatically Improve Your Intelligence and Success
- UN Panel Agrees to Move Ahead With Debate on 'Killer Robots'
- Defector’s Condition Indicates Serious Health Issues in North Korea
- ‘Padmavati’: CBFC chief Prasoon Joshi lashes out at Sanjay Leela Bhansali and makers of the film
- David Cassidy: Ex-Partridge Family star suffers organ failure