The Portuguese Burghers and their Heritage’ is to be widely discussed at a seminar at International Centre for Ethnic Studies in Colombo on Tuesday 31 from 3.30 pm.
The Portuguese Burghers have long been an important component of Sri Lanka's diverse human landscape. Their contributions to the culture of the island run deep. While they are have historically been present in various parts of Sri Lanka, nowadays they concentrate mostly in the Eastern Province, where their status as a local minority often puts pressure on aspects of their distinctive culture.
preservation within the context of Sri Lanka and the modern world.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- When Times Get Tough, Try This Mental Health Workout Plan
- Google to End Military Contract Following Employee Complaints
- Advances in Exoskeleton Technology Could Help Some Walk Again
- Kabir Khan shares a piece of history while on a recce for his next
- Hereditary: The 'scariest film for years' is coming