Leading business figure Lucille Wijewardena is tipped to be Sri Lanka Tea Board Chairman, with the Government preparing to formalise his appointment, the Daily FT learns.
The Founder Director of Regency Teas Ltd, Wijewardena is the Director of Softlogic Capital Ltd., Chairman of Softlogic Stockbrokers Ltd. and Managing Director of Anuga Holdings Ltd.
In his career of 35 years he has held many senior management positions in the areas of finance and general management. He served as the Managing Director of Hayleys Plantations, Talawakelle Plantations Ltd. and Pussellawa Plantations Ltd. He also held the post of Chairman of the Mahaweli Marine Cement Company Ltd. and Group Chief Accountant of Carson Cumberbatch& Co. Ltd.
Current Sri Lanka Tea Board Chairman Dr.Rohan Pethiyagoda tendered his resignation to Plantation Minister Navin Dissanayake on 16 February to continue his academic work.
The new Chairman is likely to assume duties next week, the Daily FT learns.
Wijewardena is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka and holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the Postgraduate Institute of Management, University of Sri Jayawardenepura.
Wijewardena also serves on the Press Complaint Commission of Sri Lanka as a member of the Dispute Resolution Committee.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship