Largest ever SriLankan business and trade delegation left for in London to attend the Commonwealth Business Forum there . Sri Lanka will also unveil its new country branding & slogan for its ICT sector in London this week.
“Sri Lanka is one of the Strategic Partner Countries of 2018 Commonwealth Business Forum . Therefore the Department of Commerce is organising many informative country presentations, B2Bs and roundtables on Lankan sectors of investment for CBF in London.
Sri Lanka is considered as one of the major “emergent FDI attracting Commonwealth Destinations” (along with Bangladesh and Singapore). Around 27% of Sri Lanka’s annual global trade in “goods” is with the Commonwealth while 40% of Sri Lanka’s global trade in “services” is also with the Commonwealth. Sri Lanka’s country share of Intra-Commonwealth imports is around 3%. The Commonwealth plays a silent but significant role in Sri Lanka’s new trade reforms. In 2016, Commonwealth Secretariat’has already analysed and identified 40 new products and 15 new markets for Lankan exports that could add $2 Bn more to the present Lankan export revenues.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship