Sri Lanka Telecom after running without two directors of the board for almost a year has taken action at last to appoint Colombo Mayor Rosy Senanayake’s son Kanishka Senanayake as the Non -Executive Director to the SLT Board.
He is also serving as a director of Mobitel.
KITHTHI PEREREA IS SERVING AS THE ACTING CEO
This was revealed in a stock exchange filing by the SLT recently. Group CEO Dileepa Wijesundera has resigned effective 11 March 2018 while Rohan de Silva has tendered his resignation from 19 December 2018.
The Chairman of the McLarens Group, de Silva joined the SLT Board as an Independent Non-Executive Director on 30 December 2015.
Mr Kanishka s name had been transpired in the Presidential Commission of Inquiry (PCoI) investigating the Treasury bond issue which discovered that former Minister Rosy Senanayake’s son Kanishka Senanayake had allegedly provided Perpetual Treasuries with copies of the first COPE report on the Treasury bond issue while his mother served on the Committee .
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship