Two more persons have been arrested for allegedly aiding and abetting the suspects involved in the shooting occurred in Piliyandala, police said.
The individuals were arrested in Dharga Town and Ahungalla areas during a raid carried out last night, it was reported. They were remanded until June 16 after being produced before the Kesbewa Acting Magistrate this morning, police added.
A police constable was killed and five others were injured in the shooting near a state bank in Piliyandala on May 09.
Earlier, three individuals including a woman were also arrested in Ahangama on May 21 for allegedly aiding the suspects to commit the crime.(Ada Derana)
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- When Times Get Tough, Try This Mental Health Workout Plan
- Google to End Military Contract Following Employee Complaints
- Advances in Exoskeleton Technology Could Help Some Walk Again
- Kabir Khan shares a piece of history while on a recce for his next
- Hereditary: The 'scariest film for years' is coming