Police Media Spokesman SP Ruwan Gunasekara responing to a question by a journalist on the recent remarks by UN Special Rapporteur Ben Emmerson over the alleged torture and harassment on former and current PTA detainees, said IGP Pujith Jayasundera has instructed high ranking police officers, including OICs of all Police stations to follow “zero tolerance approach” on torture and harassment to detainees.
He said the IGP had given these instructions at a series of workshops attended by all high ranking police officers.(Daily News)
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- How to Find Meaning in Life By Serving Others
- Scientists Remove Gene in Human Embryos to See What It Does
- Internet Firms Say Removing Extremist Content Within Hours Is Huge Challenge
- ‘Padmavati’ posters out: Deepika Padukone stuns as the royal 'Goddess Queen'
- RHOA Stars Turn on Castmate Over Fake Marriage Rumors