The Colombo Crimes Division (CCD) yesterday sought public assistance over whereabouts of Ven. Arambepola Rathanasara Thera and a former Police Constable, who are wanted for investigations into the Mount Lavinia incident, where a group of Myanmar refugees were allegedly harassed by a group of protesters on September 26.
Police said both the Thera and the Constable were avoiding the CCD after they were summoned to record statements over the incident.
Police Constable Prageeth Chanaka Gunathilaka, a resident of Wadduwa was suspended from service after he was charged for damaging properties and threatening a principal of a girls' school in Panadura.
Police said the Constable has three ongoing court cases in the Panadura Magistrate's Court.
Police have requested if anyone has any information about Rathanasara Thera and the Constable to contact, Director CCD via telephone No. 0718591727.
The CCD arrested Ven. Akmeemana Dayarathana Thera and another person on Monday while six others including a woman were also arrested last week in connection with the Mount Lavinia incident. They were remanded till October 9 by the Mount Lavinia Magistrate's Court. (Daily Mirror)
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship