Police fired teargas and used water cannons to disperse the anti-SAITM protesters who were protesting at the Kollupitiya Junction a short while ago.
A court order was earlier issued by the Colombo Fort Magistrate against the protest march by the anti-SAITM groups, including the Inter University Students' Federation (IUSF).
The Court ordered the protesters to conduct the protest in a decent and polite manner without disrupting the general public and vandalizing public property.
It also ordered them not to enter the Presidential Secretariat Office by any means.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- ABOUT 40,700 HECTARES CONNECTED BY CANALS: COLOMBO METROPOLITAN CITY, THE FIRST WETLAND CITY
- BANGLADESH BANK ON TAMIM’S RETURN TO DRAW LEVEL IN T20I SERIES
- ICC TWENTY 20 : HEAD TO HEAD
- Virat Kohli credits wife Anushka Sharma for his ODI victory
- Rishi Kapoor predicts 'huge stardom' for Priya Prakash Varrier