Police fired teargas and used water cannons to disperse the anti-SAITM protesters who were protesting at the Kollupitiya Junction a short while ago.
A court order was earlier issued by the Colombo Fort Magistrate against the protest march by the anti-SAITM groups, including the Inter University Students' Federation (IUSF).
The Court ordered the protesters to conduct the protest in a decent and polite manner without disrupting the general public and vandalizing public property.
It also ordered them not to enter the Presidential Secretariat Office by any means.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- When Times Get Tough, Try This Mental Health Workout Plan
- Google to End Military Contract Following Employee Complaints
- Advances in Exoskeleton Technology Could Help Some Walk Again
- Kabir Khan shares a piece of history while on a recce for his next
- Hereditary: The 'scariest film for years' is coming