The Foreign Affairs Ministry denied media reports that the High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, Amari Wijewardene, has tendered her resignation.
Issuing a media statement, the Foreign Affairs Ministry said the reports being circulated in the media attributed to the Secretary to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, stating that Wijewardene had resigned, were incorrect.
“High Commissioner Wijewardene will conclude her contract on her own volition by 31 March 2018,” the Ministry statement said.
Wijewardene was appointed Sri Lanka’s High Commissioner to the UK and presented her Letter of Credentials to Queen Elizabeth II on 15 November 2016.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- I’m not 48. I’m 25 with 23 years experience
- Facebook's Zuckerberg Comes Under Fire From UK, US Lawmakers
- Prehistoric Giant Shark Tooth Stolen in Australia
- 'Race 3': Salman Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez and the cast reach Abu Dhabi for next
- Tracy Beaker and four other children's book characters who grew up