The Foreign Affairs Ministry denied media reports that the High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, Amari Wijewardene, has tendered her resignation.
Issuing a media statement, the Foreign Affairs Ministry said the reports being circulated in the media attributed to the Secretary to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, stating that Wijewardene had resigned, were incorrect.
“High Commissioner Wijewardene will conclude her contract on her own volition by 31 March 2018,” the Ministry statement said.
Wijewardene was appointed Sri Lanka’s High Commissioner to the UK and presented her Letter of Credentials to Queen Elizabeth II on 15 November 2016.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- When Times Get Tough, Try This Mental Health Workout Plan
- Google to End Military Contract Following Employee Complaints
- Advances in Exoskeleton Technology Could Help Some Walk Again
- Kabir Khan shares a piece of history while on a recce for his next
- Hereditary: The 'scariest film for years' is coming