Attorney-at-Law Sugandhika Fernando said yesterday (1) that she had documentary evidence and eyewitnesses to prove the recent allegations that she had made regarding the misconduct of certain lawyers and judicial malpractices.
Speaking to Ceylon Today on the reports of a letter being sent to her by the Bar Association of Sri Lanka (BASL), asking her to provide evidence within 14 days in connection with the allegations made by her, she said, “It’s a complete lie, I have not received such a letter. If I did I would definitely reply. When I first came out with these allegations I was expecting them to summon me before the Executive Committee and question me. But it seems that the President of the BASL, U.R. de Silva does not have the guts to do so. I have the evidence and eyewitnesses for all of this, so why should I be scared?”
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Inside the Realities of Workplace Mental Health (and What Leaders Can Do to Help)
- Jury: Samsung Owes Apple $539M for Copying iPhone
- Pill Could Radio Doctors About Gut Health
- Race 3: Salman Khan releases song titled, 'Selfish'
- Prince William joins Rio Ferdinand and Liam Payne in contention for dad of the year award