An open warrant for the arrest of former Sri Lankan Ambassador to the United States, Jaliya Wickramasuriya was re-issued yesterday (27) for evading Court.
Colombo Chief Magistrate Lanka Jayaratne, re-issuing the open warrant against Wickramasuriya, further issued warrants to arrest Wickramasuriya’s wife and sister who had previously provided sureties to the Court.
Charges were filed against Wickramasuriya for the misuse of USD 132,000 for the purchase of a building during his tenure as Ambassador.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship