Anurag Kashyap and Neeraj Ghaywan will direct Sacred Games 2.
After ending the first season of Sacred Games with a cliffhanger, Netflix on Friday made an official announcement that the popular original series will return for a second season. According to the makers, the second season will have Sartaj Singh (Saif Ali Khan) trying to save his city. Ganesh Gaitonde’s (Nawazuddin Siddiqui) track will have him trying to retain his position as the don of Mumbai.
We met Ganesh’s first two fathers in the first season and while we were introduced to the third one, played by Pankaj Tripathi, we did not get to know much about him. But this season will have him play a pivotal role. The second season will be shot in India and various international locations as well.
This season will witness a few new faces and some from the previous season will make a comeback.
Erik Barmack, Vice President, International Originals at Netflix, said, “We’ve been thrilled by the response to Sacred Games from fans worldwide, and especially in India, to this high quality production. It’s incredibly exciting for us to take the story of Sacred Games forward and open a new chapter in the series with its second season.”
Sacred Games was the first Indian Netflix original and received a great response from the audience worldwide.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship