Despite the number of crimes decreasing, brutal crimes have taken a turn for the worse, Minister of Law and Order, Ranjith Maddumabandara pointed out.
He adduced the increase in brutality to social and psychological reasons. He was speaking at a Media briefing at the Ministry of Law and Order.
Referring to the increase in the number of crimes in the North and the Avaa Group being involved, the Minister said they were inspired by scenes of South Indian movies where there were sword fights and added that the Government was making an all out effort to reduce crimes and drug trafficking.
“The Jaffna based avaa Group has not been invoved in any murder, but the use of swords was unpardonable. The Avaa Group is only operating in Police divisions of the Jaffna Peninsula”, he said.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship