Attorney-at-law Upul Jayasuriya has resigned from his position as Chairman of the Board of Investment (BoI) of Sri Lanka.
Jayasuriya, who is the former President of the Bar Association of Sri Lanka (BASL), has reportedly resigned due to personal reasons and has already tendered his resignation to the Presidential Secretary.
Speaking to Ada Derana, Jayasuriya said that he handed over his official vehicle along with the letter of resignation.
He revealed that pressure had been exerted during certain decision-making and actions taken as well as hindrances to carrying out duties and that the difficulty acting according to ones heart had an effect on his decision.
However, he pointed out that he was able to act independently when taking certain decisions and actions and expressed his gratitude to the support from the subject minister, Prime Minister and the President during his time in office.
He was elected as President of the Bar Association of Sri Lanka in 2014 and continued in Office for 2 years.
He was appointed as BOI Chairman in February 2015 by President Maithripala Sirisena.
Jayasuriya has previously served as Chairman of Sri Lanka State Trading Tractor Corporation and Chairman of the Ceylon Oils and Fats Corporation.(Ada Derana)
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- VANDALISM OF THE WORST KIND
- SIX PLAYERS FROM PRESENT SRI LANKA SQUAD IN UAE INCLUDED : THISARA LEADS SRI LANKA IN T20I SERIES AGAINST PAKISTAN
- AS ANOTHER 5-0 WHITEWASH LOOMS : SRI LANKA LOOKING DOWN THE GUN BARREL
- 'Secret Superstar' box-office collection Day 2: Zaira Wasim-Aamir Khan starrer rakes in Rs 9 crore
- Fans Are Worried About Selena Gomez’s Post Surgery Weight Loss