The government has decided to set up a new Secretariat to investigate financial crimes, informed sources said yesterday.
Sources close to the Prime Minister's office said a Bill to this effect will be presented to Parliament soon. The new Secretariat is expected to match with international standards.
This development comes in the wake of the Anti-corruption Secretariat becoming defunct from July this year. (Dily Mirror)
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- VANDALISM OF THE WORST KIND
- SIX PLAYERS FROM PRESENT SRI LANKA SQUAD IN UAE INCLUDED : THISARA LEADS SRI LANKA IN T20I SERIES AGAINST PAKISTAN
- AS ANOTHER 5-0 WHITEWASH LOOMS : SRI LANKA LOOKING DOWN THE GUN BARREL
- 'Secret Superstar' box-office collection Day 2: Zaira Wasim-Aamir Khan starrer rakes in Rs 9 crore
- Fans Are Worried About Selena Gomez’s Post Surgery Weight Loss