’Bangladesh will not hesitate to provide whatever the possibleassistance or help to Sri Lanka as we have an extremely cordial relationship’, said the Bangladesh Foreign Minister A. H. Mahmood Ali when he met with President Maithripala
President MaithripalaSirisena who is on a three-day State Visit to Bangladesh met with Bangladesh Foreign Minister at the Hotel Sonargaon, yesterday (13). The Foreign Minister further expressing his views said that President Sirisena's visit to Bangladesh is an important milestone in the long-standing friendship between the two countries.
The President expressed gratitude to the Government of Bangladesh for the warm welcome extended to the Sri Lankan delegation led by him. He also said that Bangladesh is always a true friend to Sri Lanka and with gratitude recalled the assistance given by the Government of Bangladesh in the recent floods as well as during the conflict in the past.
The President appreciated the progress made by Bangladesh under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, and emphasized the need to take steps further to promote the investment opportunities and the trade relations between the two countries.
Minister Ravi Karunanayake, State Ministers WasanthaAluwihare and Deputy Ministers Mohan LalGrero, NishanthaMuthuhettigama and others participated in this meeting.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- VANDALISM OF THE WORST KIND
- SIX PLAYERS FROM PRESENT SRI LANKA SQUAD IN UAE INCLUDED : THISARA LEADS SRI LANKA IN T20I SERIES AGAINST PAKISTAN
- AS ANOTHER 5-0 WHITEWASH LOOMS : SRI LANKA LOOKING DOWN THE GUN BARREL
- 'Secret Superstar' box-office collection Day 2: Zaira Wasim-Aamir Khan starrer rakes in Rs 9 crore
- Fans Are Worried About Selena Gomez’s Post Surgery Weight Loss