The much-discussed Government takeover of Dr. Neville Fernando Private Hospital is to take place today at a ceremony held with President Maithripala Sirisena in attendance.
Following Cabinet approval, the hospital will be owned and managed by the Government.
Health Minister Dr. Rajitha Senaratne earlier announced that the Government will implement a management style similar to Jayawardanapura Hospital, where hospital will treat patients free, while simultaneously offering the option of paying wards as well.
He also said that the Neville Fernando Hospital is to be converted into a teaching hospital under the Government, and a separate administrative board is to be appointed to oversee the hospital’s functions.(FT)
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- How to Find Meaning in Life By Serving Others
- Scientists Remove Gene in Human Embryos to See What It Does
- Internet Firms Say Removing Extremist Content Within Hours Is Huge Challenge
- ‘Padmavati’ posters out: Deepika Padukone stuns as the royal 'Goddess Queen'
- RHOA Stars Turn on Castmate Over Fake Marriage Rumors