The hearing of the motion of no-confidence against Foreign Minister Ravi Karunanayake will be delayed by 08 days.
Parliament Secretary General of Staff Attorney Neil Iddawela has stated that any motion of this nature submitted against a member of parliament, must be analyzed by the speaker to determine its compliance and authenticity. He also stated that once completed the speaker of parliament must arrive at a decision on its legitimacy.
Iddawela further stated that the motion submitted by the JO will be documented as an undated motion. Accordingly he stated that after a lapse of 7 days, the motion may be discussed in parliament.
Secretary General of Staff Iddawela later stated that the motion of no-confidence will be debated at the next committee meeting.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- I’m not 48. I’m 25 with 23 years experience
- Facebook's Zuckerberg Comes Under Fire From UK, US Lawmakers
- Prehistoric Giant Shark Tooth Stolen in Australia
- 'Race 3': Salman Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez and the cast reach Abu Dhabi for next
- Tracy Beaker and four other children's book characters who grew up