The hearing of the motion of no-confidence against Foreign Minister Ravi Karunanayake will be delayed by 08 days.
Parliament Secretary General of Staff Attorney Neil Iddawela has stated that any motion of this nature submitted against a member of parliament, must be analyzed by the speaker to determine its compliance and authenticity. He also stated that once completed the speaker of parliament must arrive at a decision on its legitimacy.
Iddawela further stated that the motion submitted by the JO will be documented as an undated motion. Accordingly he stated that after a lapse of 7 days, the motion may be discussed in parliament.
Secretary General of Staff Iddawela later stated that the motion of no-confidence will be debated at the next committee meeting.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship