The Debaters’ Council of Sri Lanka, the focal body for English debating, won the right to host the World Schools Debating Championship (WSDC) in Colombo, Sri Lanka in 2019 at the recently concluded World Championship in Bali, Indonesia.
WSDC is the foremost global tournament for high school level debaters. The Championship, held since 1988, takes place annually in a different country. Past Championship hosts include Peru, Qatar, Korea, Greece, South Africa, Thailand, Singapore and Germany. The 2018 tournament will be held in Croatia.
Past patrons of the Championships include Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu and Tony Blair.
WSDC 2019 will be held from July 23, 2019 to August 2, 2019, according to a press release.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- I’m not 48. I’m 25 with 23 years experience
- Facebook's Zuckerberg Comes Under Fire From UK, US Lawmakers
- Prehistoric Giant Shark Tooth Stolen in Australia
- 'Race 3': Salman Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez and the cast reach Abu Dhabi for next
- Tracy Beaker and four other children's book characters who grew up