President Maithripala Sirisena yesterday stressed that the Government’s policy decision taken on banning polythene and plastics will remain unchanged.
The President stated the Central Environmental Authority has to shoulder the responsibility of preparing the necessary background to implement the policy decision effectively and without delay.
The issue of finding sand for constructions had also been discussed at the meeting, and it has been proposed that the public institutions should set an example by using sea sand for their constructions. Minister Mahinda Amaraweera, Deputy Minister Anuradha Jayaratne, Ministry Secretary Anura Dissanayake and heads of all institutions coming under the purview of the Mahaweli Development and Environment Ministry took part in the meeting.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- I’m not 48. I’m 25 with 23 years experience
- Facebook's Zuckerberg Comes Under Fire From UK, US Lawmakers
- Prehistoric Giant Shark Tooth Stolen in Australia
- 'Race 3': Salman Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez and the cast reach Abu Dhabi for next
- Tracy Beaker and four other children's book characters who grew up