Today is the International Day of Girl Child and it is commemorated with a walk and a special program, said National Child Protection Authority (NCPA) Chairperson Attorney at Law Marini De Livera.
The walk will be held from Independence square to BMICH to create awareness about empowering the girl child socially and to protect the girl from all abuses.
Messages will be displayed on banners and posters while leaflets will be distributed to educate the public.
The national ceremony will be held at the Nugasevana hall at BMICH with the aim of creating awareness among the public about empowering the girl child and protecting her from all abuses and promoting the 1929 Sri Lanka child telephone service. It is organized by the NCPA.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- How to Fight Negativity And Kickstart Your Self Worth
- G-7 Backs Internet Industry Effort to Detect, Blunt Extremism
- In Glyphosate Review, WHO Cancer Agency Edited Out 'Non-Carcinogenic' Findings
- ‘Singh Is Kingg’ sequel to be named ‘Sher Singh’ with Ranveer Singh in the lead?
- Thor out of five: Marvel's latest has critics raving