The inauguration ceremony of the programme to conserve the catchment areas and the ‘Vanaropa’ National Tree Planting Programme was held yesterday near the Kandethenna Tank in Delthota, Kandy.
These programmes have been organised by the Presidential Secretariat and Mahaweli Development and Environment Ministry under the “Punarudaya” national programme for environmental conservation which aims at protecting the environment. The President exchanging pleasantries with some of the schoolchildren at the function. (Daily News)
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- ABOUT 40,700 HECTARES CONNECTED BY CANALS: COLOMBO METROPOLITAN CITY, THE FIRST WETLAND CITY
- BANGLADESH BANK ON TAMIM’S RETURN TO DRAW LEVEL IN T20I SERIES
- ICC TWENTY 20 : HEAD TO HEAD
- Virat Kohli credits wife Anushka Sharma for his ODI victory
- Rishi Kapoor predicts 'huge stardom' for Priya Prakash Varrier