The inauguration ceremony of the programme to conserve the catchment areas and the ‘Vanaropa’ National Tree Planting Programme was held yesterday near the Kandethenna Tank in Delthota, Kandy.
These programmes have been organised by the Presidential Secretariat and Mahaweli Development and Environment Ministry under the “Punarudaya” national programme for environmental conservation which aims at protecting the environment. The President exchanging pleasantries with some of the schoolchildren at the function. (Daily News)
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- When Times Get Tough, Try This Mental Health Workout Plan
- Google to End Military Contract Following Employee Complaints
- Advances in Exoskeleton Technology Could Help Some Walk Again
- Kabir Khan shares a piece of history while on a recce for his next
- Hereditary: The 'scariest film for years' is coming