The Department of Meteorology yesterday announced that the prevailing heavy showery condition is expected to reduce by some extent temporarily in the South-Western part of the Island. Cloudy conditions are expected to continue further and fairly strong winds can be expected over the Island and surrounding sea areas during next few days.
Showers or thundershowers at times are expected in the Western, Sabaragamuwa, Central, North-Western and Northern Provinces and in the Galle and Matara Districts, according to the Met Department.
Fairly heavy falls (about 75-100 mm) can be expected at some places especially in Sabaragamuwa and Central Provinces and in the Kalutara, Galle and Matara Districts.
There may be temporary localized strong winds during thundershowers. The general public have been requested to take adequate precautions to minimize damage caused by lightning activity, the Met Department said.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- When Times Get Tough, Try This Mental Health Workout Plan
- Google to End Military Contract Following Employee Complaints
- Advances in Exoskeleton Technology Could Help Some Walk Again
- Kabir Khan shares a piece of history while on a recce for his next
- Hereditary: The 'scariest film for years' is coming