Tuk-tuk, , three wheeler, trishaw, auto-rickshaw — no matter what you call them, those, three-wheeled autos are to be replaced soon with environmental friendly electric three wheelers under the Enterprise Sri Lanka: Blue Green imitative.
Sri Lanka’s 1.5 million three wheeler drivers will get an opportunity to become owners of brand new electric three wheelers under scheme proposed by Minister Mangala Samaraweer’s maiden budget in parliament on Thursday.
It has proposed to provide loan facility for leasing electric three wheelers in the ratio of 10:90. Anyone can purchase Electric three wheelers by paying 10 percent of its value up front under this scheme.
Further the green three wheeler service will be made a mode of transport for foreign tourists by providing necessary training for tuk tuk drivers with licence from Tourist board.
Although riding in a tuk-tuk at present has become more messy than comfortable, this new initiative will make it a convenient made of transport and brand for a true, Sri Lanka experience with a smile!
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- When Times Get Tough, Try This Mental Health Workout Plan
- Google to End Military Contract Following Employee Complaints
- Advances in Exoskeleton Technology Could Help Some Walk Again
- Kabir Khan shares a piece of history while on a recce for his next
- Hereditary: The 'scariest film for years' is coming