A proposal submitted by Minister of Civil Aviation and Transport Nimal Siripala de Silva has been granted approval by Cabinet to enable implementing the project proposal submitted by Sakurai Aviation to operate civil air services from Batticaloa Airport and establish a flight training school.
With the airport in Batticaloa declared open for civil air services to be conducted in a systematic way, along with the development of tourism in the region, it is expected that considerable development could take place in economic activities in the Eastern Province. Taking into consideration advantageous facts such as suitable climate in the area, location of five aerodromes within a radius of 135 kilometres from the airport and less air traffic, proposals have been called from those interested in establishing civilian air services.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship