The Department of Meteorology stated that showers and thundershowers may occur sporadically in the Northern, North-Central, and Eastern Provinces.
The Met Department predicted that the inclement weather conditions will continue at a reduced level in these areas, while showers and thundershowers are to be expected elsewhere in the afternoon. Fairly strong gusts (up to 50 kilometres per hour) are also expected in the Western, Sabaragamuwa, and Uva Provinces and in the Ampara and Batticaloa Districts. There may be temporary localized strong wind during thundershowers. The general public has been requested to take adequate precaution to minimize damage caused by lightning.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship