Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe yesterday, instructed the relevant authorities to expedite construction work on the proposed Bingiriya Export Processing Zone (EPZ).
The 2018 budget has allocated Rs.2,500 million for the proposed EPZ at Bingiriya. The Local Government elections will be held on the first Saturday after February 4, 2018, the Prime Minister also said.
The Premier told authorities yesterday, to begin work at the EPZ from yesterday itself without waiting until the monies are released. The Prime minister said that the monies allocated through the budget will be released in January.
Board of Investment (BOI) officials, who were present, explained to the Premier about the project.
They said plans were afoot to come up with 10 large scale factories during the first stage of the project.
The Prime Minister instructed officials to take all steps necessary to expedite the project at its earliest.
The completion of the project the Premier explained will bring unprecedented development to Wayamba and will create thousands of job opportunities for the youth in the area.
Wayamba Development and Cultural Affairs Minister S.B.Navinna, Education Minister Akila Viraj Kariyawasam and Kurunegala district MP Nalin Bandara also accompanied the Prime Minister.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship