The Central Bank yesterday confirmed that it has received a copy of the Presidential Commission report on Central Bank bond issuance from 01.02. 2015 to 31.03.2016.
The Bank will carry out forensic audits in relation to the issuance of Treasury bonds during the period 2008 to 2014 and the Treasury bond auctions held in March 2016.
The CBSL in statement said that it has already implemented some of the recommendations in the report, while measures have already been initiated to implement most of the other recommendations. “The Monetary Board has consulted the Attorney General, as appropriate, in the actions it has taken. It considers it appropriate to keep the public informed of the status of actions and initiatives that have or are being taken on the recommendations made in the Report and to generally improve transparency in the management of public debt and the Employees Provident Fund.
The report is continuing to be studied and the The Monetary Board will initiate further actions, as appropriate,” the statement said.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Michelle Obama’s New Memoir, “Becoming,” Overflows With Wisdom About Relationships, Failure, and Living With Optimism
- Realistic Masks Made in Japan Find Demand from Tech, Car Companies
- Take A Weight Off: 'Grand K' Kilo Being Retired
- Tom Hardy made a CBE by Prince Charles
- Test cricket: Imperative to change the growing home dominance