Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong will arrive in Sri Lanka today on a three day official visit at the invitation of President Maithripala Sirisena.
A Free Trade Agreement between Sri Lanka and Singapore will be signed following bilateral talks, the Foriegn Affairs Ministry said in a statement.
During the visit, Prime Minister Lee will also meet Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe and discuss economic, trade and investment cooperation between the two countries.
The visiting Prime Minister is scheduled to attend a Business Forum in which leading businesspersons and investors from both Singapore and Sri Lanka will be present.
Sri Lanka and Singapore established diplomatic relations in 1979 and enjoy a strong and robust bilateral relationship that has been built on mutual understanding, respect and people-to-people contacts. An official visit of a Singaporean Prime Minister to Sri Lanka takes place after 13 years.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Inside the Realities of Workplace Mental Health (and What Leaders Can Do to Help)
- Jury: Samsung Owes Apple $539M for Copying iPhone
- Pill Could Radio Doctors About Gut Health
- Race 3: Salman Khan releases song titled, 'Selfish'
- Prince William joins Rio Ferdinand and Liam Payne in contention for dad of the year award