All liquor shops in the country would be closed on Local Government Election Day, February 10, Excise Commissioner General K H A Meegasmulla said.
Meanwhile, Police Media Spokesman SP Ruwan Gunasekara warned the public not to enter polling centres under the influence of liquor as they had the right to arrest these individuals under the Local Authorities Elections Ordinance and the Penal Code.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Inside the Realities of Workplace Mental Health (and What Leaders Can Do to Help)
- Jury: Samsung Owes Apple $539M for Copying iPhone
- Pill Could Radio Doctors About Gut Health
- Race 3: Salman Khan releases song titled, 'Selfish'
- Prince William joins Rio Ferdinand and Liam Payne in contention for dad of the year award