Chairman of the Elections Commission Mahinda Deshapriya said that a delay had occurred in issuing official results of the Local Government elections due to several reasons.
Issuing a statement Deshapriya said some hand delivered results of polling stations had to be recounted to assure the accuracy of the process.
He said another delay occurred when adding the results of postal votes to the final results of some local government bodies.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Inside the Realities of Workplace Mental Health (and What Leaders Can Do to Help)
- Jury: Samsung Owes Apple $539M for Copying iPhone
- Pill Could Radio Doctors About Gut Health
- Race 3: Salman Khan releases song titled, 'Selfish'
- Prince William joins Rio Ferdinand and Liam Payne in contention for dad of the year award