Chairman of the Elections Commission Mahinda Deshapriya said that a delay had occurred in issuing official results of the Local Government elections due to several reasons.
Issuing a statement Deshapriya said some hand delivered results of polling stations had to be recounted to assure the accuracy of the process.
He said another delay occurred when adding the results of postal votes to the final results of some local government bodies.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Want to Create Lifelong Memories of Amazing Experiences? Science Says Stop Doing One Thing
- Google Workers Protest China Plan Secrecy
- Heat Waves, Rains May Become More Severe as Weather Stalls
- Akshay Kumar becomes first Bollywood actor to cross 20 million Instagram followers
- Asia Argento 'accused of sexual assault'