The United National Party yesterday decided to continue the consensus Government till 2020. The main party in the consensus government, the United National Party arrived at this decision at a meeting of UNP senior members yesterday.
This decision has been conveyed to all party leaders in the United National Front government. Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe was slated to meet President Maithripala Sirisena to convey this decision yesterday evening.
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe met senior members of the party at Temple Trees yesterday after the results of the Local government polls were released.
It was decided at the meeting to take serious notice on the message conveyed by the people to the government through the Local Government election and take crucial decisions aimed at effecting several changes.
Their discussion also focused on the high cost of living, actions against corruption and financial fraud and unemployment.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- When Times Get Tough, Try This Mental Health Workout Plan
- Google to End Military Contract Following Employee Complaints
- Advances in Exoskeleton Technology Could Help Some Walk Again
- Kabir Khan shares a piece of history while on a recce for his next
- Hereditary: The 'scariest film for years' is coming