Newly-elected members numbering 8,325 for the 340 local bodies countrywide from the LG polls-2018 would assume their duties in their respective local bodies on March 6.
According to the Provincial Councils and Local Government Minister Faiszer Musthapha the gazette in this regard will be handed over to the Government Printer tomorrow.
Secretary to the Ministry Kamal Padmasiri and Kurunegala District Senior Divisional Secretary W.E. Jayathilake speaking at a meeting of provincial journalists of the Kurunegala District on February 13 in Bingiriya, Kurunegala confirmed the ministerial agenda in this regard.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Inside the Realities of Workplace Mental Health (and What Leaders Can Do to Help)
- Jury: Samsung Owes Apple $539M for Copying iPhone
- Pill Could Radio Doctors About Gut Health
- Race 3: Salman Khan releases song titled, 'Selfish'
- Prince William joins Rio Ferdinand and Liam Payne in contention for dad of the year award