The Joint Opposition members yesterday said the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) wished to form a new government under a new President and Prime Minister, parliamentarian Bandula Gunawardena said yesterday.
Addressing a press conference organised by the Joint Opposition in Borella, Gunawardena said the Joint Opposition had no intention of grabbing power from the present government.
He said the last Local Government election results had proved that the Government had no mandate to continue with the government.
Gunawardena said they tolerated injustice meted out against them for over three years and they can wait another 500 days to form their own government.
“The President’s official term ends by end 2019 as per the Supreme Court determination on President’s term of service. Gunawardena said the Mahinda Chinthanaya programme aiming at empowering people at grassroot level, will be implemented under a new government led by former President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Inside the Realities of Workplace Mental Health (and What Leaders Can Do to Help)
- Jury: Samsung Owes Apple $539M for Copying iPhone
- Pill Could Radio Doctors About Gut Health
- Race 3: Salman Khan releases song titled, 'Selfish'
- Prince William joins Rio Ferdinand and Liam Payne in contention for dad of the year award