The Elections Commission will inform the respective political parties in writing on the number of elected members for the respective local government institution in due course.
Additional Election Commissioner Saman Sri Rathnayake said the Commission will also inform the parties on the number of elected female representatives for each party for respective institutions.
Rathnayake said Party General Secretaries are required to submit to the Commission, the names of the nominated members to local government institutions.
He said that the Commission will inform the respective political parties on the number of members representing their parties soon, as the Commission has to include the names of elected members and the members in the additional list in the Gazzette notification.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Inside the Realities of Workplace Mental Health (and What Leaders Can Do to Help)
- Jury: Samsung Owes Apple $539M for Copying iPhone
- Pill Could Radio Doctors About Gut Health
- Race 3: Salman Khan releases song titled, 'Selfish'
- Prince William joins Rio Ferdinand and Liam Payne in contention for dad of the year award