Two people were killed when a car travelling from Nuwara-Eliya to Gampaha toppled into the Agra Oya, a tributary of Kothmale Oya last evening, Thalawakele Police said.
Police said the vehicle which came in at an excessive speed had run off the road at the Hatton - Nuwara- Eliya main road and toppled some 200m down the Agra Oya, around 3pm.
Police had identified the deceased woman as 24-year-old Halawathage Piyumishan Prasadi Perera, a resident from Gampaha. The body of the man is yet to be identified.
Police said the two bodies were sent to the Lindula Hospital.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- I’m not 48. I’m 25 with 23 years experience
- Facebook's Zuckerberg Comes Under Fire From UK, US Lawmakers
- Prehistoric Giant Shark Tooth Stolen in Australia
- 'Race 3': Salman Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez and the cast reach Abu Dhabi for next
- Tracy Beaker and four other children's book characters who grew up