Two people were killed when a car travelling from Nuwara-Eliya to Gampaha toppled into the Agra Oya, a tributary of Kothmale Oya last evening, Thalawakele Police said.
Police said the vehicle which came in at an excessive speed had run off the road at the Hatton - Nuwara- Eliya main road and toppled some 200m down the Agra Oya, around 3pm.
Police had identified the deceased woman as 24-year-old Halawathage Piyumishan Prasadi Perera, a resident from Gampaha. The body of the man is yet to be identified.
Police said the two bodies were sent to the Lindula Hospital.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- When Times Get Tough, Try This Mental Health Workout Plan
- Google to End Military Contract Following Employee Complaints
- Advances in Exoskeleton Technology Could Help Some Walk Again
- Kabir Khan shares a piece of history while on a recce for his next
- Hereditary: The 'scariest film for years' is coming