Researchers at the Ambalantota Paddy Research Station has introduced several new paddy strains.
They has named new strains as AT 07695 and AT 06486.
AT-07695, a white samba strain, yields within three and half months and produces about 130 bushels per an acre in the dry zone.
In the wet zone, it produces 110 bushels per an acre. It is highly resistant to pests, insects and diseases, researchers said.
AT-06486, a white samba variety yields in three months and it produces over 130 bushels in the dry zone. In the wet zone, it produces about 115 bushels per an acre.
It is highly resistant to pests, insects and leaf diseases.
The new paddy varieties have gained high popularity among farmers, the researchers said.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- When Times Get Tough, Try This Mental Health Workout Plan
- Google to End Military Contract Following Employee Complaints
- Advances in Exoskeleton Technology Could Help Some Walk Again
- Kabir Khan shares a piece of history while on a recce for his next
- Hereditary: The 'scariest film for years' is coming