Sri Lanka has received the South Asia Procurement Innovation Award 2017-2018 at the fifth South Asia Region Public Procurement Conference held from 5-8 February in New Delhi, India.
A case story on the path-breaking reform, submitted by the Department of Public Finance of the Ministry of Finance and Mass Media, was felicitated as the Best Country Case Story at the South Asia Procurement Innovation Award 2017.
Department of Public Finance Director General P. Algama, being the current chair of the conference, participated in this conference with Department of Public Finance Director E.A. Rathnaseela representing Sri Lanka.
This conference, hosted by the Ministry of Finance of India, was co‐sponsored by the World Bank, Asian Development Bank and Islamic Development Bank. The heads of public procurement of South Asian countries, high‐level government officials responsible for public procurement policymaking, oversight agencies and representatives from several development partners active in the South Asian region were among the participants of the conference.
Department of Public Finance Director E.A. Rathnaseela received the award from the World Bank Country Director for India.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- I’m not 48. I’m 25 with 23 years experience
- Facebook's Zuckerberg Comes Under Fire From UK, US Lawmakers
- Prehistoric Giant Shark Tooth Stolen in Australia
- 'Race 3': Salman Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez and the cast reach Abu Dhabi for next
- Tracy Beaker and four other children's book characters who grew up