The government hopes to have a Cabinet reshuffle today after discussion between President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe, Minister Malik Samarawickrama told Daily Mirror yesterday that the President and the Prime Minister would decide on the changes to be made.
When asked about the possible changes, he said the two leaders would decide.
The minister, who is known to be a confidant of the Prime Minister, said the two leaders met yesterday to discuss the modalities.
“They will have another round of talks tomorrow,” he said.
When asked whether portfolios would be swapped between the two parties, he said it would be done only if there were mutual agreements between the two parties on such matters.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- I’m not 48. I’m 25 with 23 years experience
- Facebook's Zuckerberg Comes Under Fire From UK, US Lawmakers
- Prehistoric Giant Shark Tooth Stolen in Australia
- 'Race 3': Salman Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez and the cast reach Abu Dhabi for next
- Tracy Beaker and four other children's book characters who grew up