The government hopes to have a Cabinet reshuffle today after discussion between President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe, Minister Malik Samarawickrama told Daily Mirror yesterday that the President and the Prime Minister would decide on the changes to be made.
When asked about the possible changes, he said the two leaders would decide.
The minister, who is known to be a confidant of the Prime Minister, said the two leaders met yesterday to discuss the modalities.
“They will have another round of talks tomorrow,” he said.
When asked whether portfolios would be swapped between the two parties, he said it would be done only if there were mutual agreements between the two parties on such matters.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- When Times Get Tough, Try This Mental Health Workout Plan
- Google to End Military Contract Following Employee Complaints
- Advances in Exoskeleton Technology Could Help Some Walk Again
- Kabir Khan shares a piece of history while on a recce for his next
- Hereditary: The 'scariest film for years' is coming