A new Law and Order Minister would be sworn in next week, sources close to Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe said yesterday.
The new Minister of Law and Order was to be sworn in this week but it was delayed because of the tense situation in Ampara.
Currently, the Law and Order Ministry comes under the Prime Minister.
“The incumbent Law and Order Minister, who is the incumbent Prime Minister, is engaged in dealing with the situation in Ampara and therefore the swearing-in of the new Minister had to be postponed to next week,” sources said.
Prime Minister Wickremesinghe was sworn in as the new Law and Order Minister during the Cabinet reshuffle on Sunday, February 25, 2018.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Live in 1 of These 5 Cities? You're Probably Sleeping More (and Stressing Less) Than the Rest of America
- One Giant Sale: Neil Armstrong's Collection Goes to Auction
- Doctors Can Prevent More Amputations With Limb-Saving Surgery
- Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff film will be an action spectacle: Siddharth Anand
- 9 stars who turned down great film roles