Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe yesterday (11 April) called on Sri Lankans to share their rich cultural heritage and ensure future generations are proud of the nation’s deeply entrenched traditions.
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe’s full message is given below:
“The dawn of spring brings the flourish of nature and nourishes the human spirit as we meditate on the ideas of cooperation, forgiveness and empathy for all life.
“The Sinhala and Tamil New Year is the foremost national festivity celebrated across the country in the splendour of spring. It provides the ideal setting to deepen relationships with each other and share our rich cultural heritage.
“This New Year, we will celebrate with our traditional customs to convey their importance to the next generation. This will ensure future generations are proud of our traditions and our nation.
“I wish all Sri Lankans a joyful Sinhala and Tamil New Year that inspires our commitment in achieving sustained peace and prosperity!”
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship