The Joint Opposition will be vying to form a Government by end April with Mahinda Rajapaksa as Prime Minister of the new Government.
The first step will be to get the SLFP Ministers who voted for the No Confidence Motion against Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe on 4 April, sit in the Opposition benches when Parliament meets on 19 April, JO and MEP leader Dinesh Gunawardena told Ceylon Today.
It is also only a matter of time that the rest of the SLFP Ministers, who abstained from voting at the NCM, join us and there will be a large number of UNP Members of Parliament who have pledged to support a Government of President Maithripala Sirisena and with Mahinda Rajapaksa as Prime Minister, he explained.
With crisis after crisis and with core SLFP members and Ministers leaving the Unity Government, the UNP will not last in Government beyond three weeks, he said.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship